Spot’s Pet Dog Training Course: Level 1
For puppies 12 -16 weeks (fully vaccinated) & older puppies. Maximum 4 dogs per class.
Spot’s Pet Dog Training Course: Level 1 is an innovative and comprehensive course that is designed to provide you with the information and training to assist your dog to become a social and productive member of your family and the community.
The training methods used are gentle, positive and reward based. These methods help you to develop a strong relationship with your dog.
The skills and knowledge you acquire from this course will provide you with a solid foundation of knowledge to assist you in addressing your dog’s needs throughout all stages of its life.
- PRIVATE LESSON (1 Hour duration)
- Beginning with a one on one session allows me to meet all dogs before they are placed in a group class
- Owner Education: How dogs learn; Introduction to Positive Reinforcement Training; Pack Structure the real story; Puppy home life & Introduction to Clicker Training
- Individual assistance with problem solving
- GROUP CLASSES (6 x 1hour sessions)
- Small group classes allow you to begin working with the distraction of other dogs and people and to continue with your dog’s social education.
- Owner Education is an integral part of each class, especially in regard to building a positive relationship with your dog.
- Skills covered in class will include:
- Attention on Owner
- Loose Lead Walking
- Stay / Mat training
- Polite Interactions with Dogs & People
- Calming your Dog
- Leave it
- Doorway Manners
- Owner Education covered in class:
- Dog Body Language
- Appropriate Socialization
- Environmental Enrichment
- Problem Behaviour Prevention
- Further Training
Notes and homework sheets will be provided each week, please keep these in your Folders.
Cost: $270 – includes your training kit: iclicker, treat bag, folder and notes
Classes available Saturdays & Sundays – call for the next available class.